Thursday, October 25, 2012

DAY ONE ASSIGNMET




Here on the right Jabir Idrissa, Editor of the Mwanahalis Newspaper, and on the left Ratifa Baranyikwa of Tanzania Daima (Picture by Mr. Johanson Peik from Finland)

THIS  is my second internet related workshop for me, In fact I came to realise that the first workshop was so useful to me
to day I'm not getting hard to use internet.
This training also organized by MISA in collaboration with the VIKES Foundation of Finland; the International Solidarity Foundation of the Union Journalists and other Finnish media organizations.
We are 10 participants coming from media houses, colleges, and universities. In fact it was the great place were we had chance to learn and share diverse experiences.!In fact the class was so wonderful in day one,
Mr Johanson Peik  our facilitator, from Finnish Broadcasting Company YLE Radio Finland showed us how to make a blog, and we started blogging and making new posting to our blogs that we created.
And then showed and tought us on how we can use internet for conducting investigation.

We checked on how to Investigate via internet and we went further by visiting some local and International website, including social Media Networks like Wikileakes, Mashable etc.
We searched the population of Iringa,the phone number of Tanapa, the quotetion of President Jakaya Kikwete when addressing UWT in Dodoma.
I like the way that Mr Peik used to teach us, and now I can be able to search more material via internet.
In short I learnt a lot of things related to internet surfing and blogging. Since the first workshop, I found myself becoming a constant visitor of websites, using it as on of the tools of information.

This internet workshop met and some time exceeded my expectation,
The workshop was an eye-opener for me. I learned a lot on how Investigative Journalism is prospering in the age of media . I didn’t know that it would be that interesting to participate. Our instructor was such a good moderator. The way the questions were done was also fantastic. It keeps you engaged.
I found this course engaging and interesting. Most of all it helped me broaden my knowledge especially on how to get hidden information for Journalistic Research.
This tought me to how to choose right seach words, the right webs,  how to follow the links and how to get fo original sources.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment